Pages of Awesome

Saturday, December 19, 2009

'Tis the Season to be Random! Falala-etc.

Christmas time is here! Woohoo! Friday was my last day at school, for which I am more than grateful, and I'm finally on Christmas Break. Over the next few weeks I plan to write and finish my novel (we'll see how that comes out lol) as well as work on some things for Wayne Batson's Tribe Building Game. In the meantime however, there's some serious business to be taken care of.


Christmas lights.

Probably the most important part of the year--the lighting contest between my siblings. The idea is that each of my siblings (there's four of us) get the same amount and types of lights (except for my one brother Stephen...he gets the "special" lights) and we decorate our rooms. I personally prefer the technique of locking the door, setting the alarm, setting extra precautions (as in placing a close hanger on the lock and then setting it to my light switch, effectively keeping the door from unlocking), and then finally pushing the chair up to the door, and begin my work.

This year I crushed the competition, and I'll show you why. Or rather, you can look back up at the picture and SEE why.

I wrapped my lights in and out of my Tae-kwon-do trophies and then circled my headrest. The remaining lights from the trophies I strung across the room and to the furthest window. As you can probably see.

It's awesome.

So, here's the list of randomness for the week--it's been far too long since my last random post.

1. I hung the lights
2. I finished reading Christopher Hopper's AWESOME book The Lion Vrie. [See my review on Stories for the King shortly]
3. I completed Part Two of my novel!
4. I made plans for the ACFW Conference!

The Brave is Found, being the second part of The Sword of Fire, was completed just the other day. And it is one awesome section. The entire 30,000 words is mainly battle, which to me is pretty sweet. And I hope a lot of you get the chance to read it someday.

Also, in reference to writing the ACFW Writer's Conference will be held in Indianapolis this year. I read this and literally shouted for joy, "YESSSSSSS!" I've been dying to go to a conference for a ridiculously long time. And finally I will be able to attend one. But this isn't just ANY conference....the ACFW ones are the BEST conferences for my genre. And so I am so excited :)

That's all for now. Just a big batch of randomness.

I'm looking forward to my Christmas post :) As well as some updates on my magazine story.

Enjoy;

13 comments:

Storyteller said...

Wow. You did go all out with the lights.
Congratulations on finishing the second part of your book! I cannot wait to hold a copy in my hands. :)

Nathan R. Petrie said...

Thank ST! I wish the camera had taken a better picture lol. Seems it doesn't do well in the dark <_<

I can't wait to hold a copy either ;) Or get it published for that matter lol

I'm pumped to write Part Three...it's been SO long since I've rewritten that section lol

How goes your hunt/editing process?

Storyteller said...

Ah, so you are re-writing. I thought you were writing it for the first time.

I am waiting until after Christmas to continue my pursuit of an agent. Though... I do have some free time this afternoon...

Gwendolyn said...

The picture is cool - its out-of-focusness makes it a incredibly neat piece of work.

I am extraordinarily eager to read your book! If you need pre-readers to give reviews, I'm volunteering!

Barie-ah Hue-en-la said...

Nice lights . . your room itself could use some work though, lol. I think I detected boring white walls. :P

Cloe said...

I like your lights:) I have some in my room too.

Nathan R. Petrie said...

ST, nope. I've been writing this sucker for 5 years ;)

Gwendolyn, assuming that a multitude of prereaders will be allowed. I'll keep you in mind ;) (that's my "I'm too famous for you voice" lol jk)

Barie, they are BLUE walls thank you lol. And on the left nextto the medals and such is now hanging a HUGE Swords of the Six poster lol

Nathan R. Petrie said...

They're awesome aren't they Cloe? lol

Barie-ah Hue-en-la said...

Blue walls? Oh, goodness. I am SO sorry. lol. Taking the pic in the dark must have messed it up. But I dunno. I myself am horrible with cameras so I can't tell.
Is the poster supposed to be an improvement? They usually just make a room look cluttered. Please tell me you at least framed it first.

Nathan R. Petrie said...

I'm a boy. My room is supposed to look cluttered ;)

Cloe said...

They are! I've had them since I was a little girl.
And by the way, I have a lot of pics from magazines all over my walls and not a one is in a frame.

Anonymous said...

Maybe they shall have a conference on the west coast sometime ^^. I loved teh light comps lol :P

Thanks
millard

Nathan R. Petrie said...

Millard, there are conferences everywehre all the time. You should look into it. There's likely one in your area :D

"Stand tall now and proclaim what you have seen, speak in whispered roars..."