Pages of Awesome

Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Song for the Overlooked - New Year!

Well howdy ya'll! I'm from Kentucky! Don't worry, I brought me shoes with me for the special occasion!

It's officially year two-thousand, eleven in the year of our Lord! WOOHOO!

We had a rocking awesome party at my house to celebrate where we sang a song that I'll let you all listen to shortly but first....time to wrap up stories from last year.

I finished my short story, originally entitled The Outside which I changed and will likely change again. Check out the blog post on it here. And, for those of you interested, I'll be posting the story to this blog fairly soon.

The Chains of Hethra Update: I've been blocked on this story for quite some time, having no idea what to write in the middle portion of the book. I've come to a decision about what to write, outlined several new scenes, etc. I'm confident that I can have this story written by the end of the coming summer if not before. All that is left for me to do is sit down and write it, and I'm going to need to some help getting back into this story...been so long.

I got an Xbox for Christmas along with Modern Warfare 2. For those interested....gamer tag is KeeneyeNP.

I had several posts planned for Christmas, etc, but never got around to writing them. If any are interested, I'd consider throwing some of 'em up here.

I'll have a book review up soon as well as some other things. The New Year calls for a renewal of blog posts right? And I hope you all continue reading!

And now, please enjoy this lovely song about a part of society that is often overlooked. It's a great song to help us keep our focus in the coming new year. Enjoy! And when you're done, tell me about your holiday traditions. Christmas, New Years, whatever! I wanna know! Leave a comment below!



To the end,
Nathan

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wahoo!! Happy New Year!

I'm so excited that you're finally writing TCoH again, and I canNOT wait to read it. (I'm still hoping to get a signed copy, by the way!)

I hope one of your resolutions is to write more blog posts. I check almost every day, and love reading whenever you update your blog. Anything is great!!!

daughteroflight

Izori said...

Happy New Year!

Let's see...traditions...well, we always cut our Christmas Tree the day after Thanksgiving, and while we decorate it we drink eggnog. We have an advent wreath. We have pop-tarts for breakfast on Christmas Day. And this New Years, I actually got to stay up until midnight. =) My parents and my brother and I played Settlers of Cataan, which will definitely become a New Years tradition.

By the way, did you mean to rhyme with the last two sentences above the song?

Jake said...

Izori--you play Settlers of Catan?! I did the exact same thing this New Years. I was in the middle of a game of SOC when the clock struck twelve...and I lost my sixteenth consecutive game. :|

And the state of yard gnomes is regrettable. Poor guys.

♥Bleah♥Briann♥ said...

I can't comment on your most recent post for some reason :/

ANYWAY.
Happy new year!
I'm glad that you're writing again... and I hope that it goes more smoothly, I'll be praying for you.

I think that we're all special -- at least we're all incredibly special to God. But very few of us think we're special in and of ourselves. But we all are. :)

xx ,
Bleah Briann

BTW. Do you know where everyone else went?
Like... Alex, and Josh, and Jake???

"Stand tall now and proclaim what you have seen, speak in whispered roars..."